[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.6.1 on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana doesn't find Tripp-Lite ECO550 UPS

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:04:47 UTC 2011

2011/8/27 Kostas Oikonomou <ko at research.att.com>

> Ok, thanks. I also read a bunch of other posts on this. However, I can't
> figure out the right parameters to the add_drv or update_drv command:
>

> $ pfexec /usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0660 nut ups' -i 'usb5/2' ugen
> ("usb5/2") already in use as a driver or alias.
>
> $ pfexec /usr/sbin/update_drv -m '* 0660 nut ups' -i 'usb5/2' ugen
> devfsadm: driver failed to attach: ugen
> Warning: Driver (ugen) successfully added to system but failed to attach
> $

iirc, you have permuted user and group. should be "ups nut"

I've no solaris underhand, but it would have probably been easier and better
(and more generic) to use:
# add_drv -i '"usb<VendorID>,<ProductID>.1"' -m '* 0660 nut root' ugen
# reboot -- -r

where <VendorID> and <ProductID> have to be replaced by your values.