[Nut-upsuser] Can't get iDowell to work

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jan 4 08:27:15 UTC 2011

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> Technically, HID only needs to be specified on the interface class
> (device class can be 0), so this descriptor is correct in that regard.

If the device is auto detected by Windows and Apple, it is quite
possible that this is indeed a HID PDC device.

> Not sure why it didn't match, though...

That's pretty obvious. No subdriver supports this VID:PID combination,
so you'll get no match for any of them. What Kjell forgot to mention
is that Mick will need to add the 'explore' flag to 'ups.conf' (see
'man 8 usbhid-ups'), so that at least we'll get some debugging output.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)