[Nut-upsuser] 2.6 and 2.2

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 01:48:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Mike. <the.lists at mgm51.com> wrote:

> I want to upgrade to 2.6 now that it is an official release.
>

> I have one box that is connected to the UPS via the serial port
> ('master').  I have another box that connects to the master over the
> network.
>
> Can I upgrade the master to 2.6, leaving the other box at 2.2, or do I
> need to upgrade everything to 2.6 at the same time?

As old as this compatibility chart looks, it is still valid for 2.4.x and 2.6.x:

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s02.html#_backwards_and_forwards_compatibility

Basically, the network protocol has not changed since 2.0.

If you run into problems with a given driver, it is sometimes possible
to mix and match versions on the same machine (e.g. driver vs. upsd)
but in many cases, it's easier to just upgrade all of each machine's
copy of NUT at the same time (through a package manager, or by
installing to a separate location).

--
- Charles Lepple