[Nut-upsuser] Support of & amp; amp; quot; shutdown.return& amp; amp; quot; on a APC Back-UPS CS 500

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 19 08:31:05 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin Myers <bakdong op gmail.com>:

>> As far as I can tell from your previous message, it works (with
>> nut-2.6.0) for the Smart-UPS 1000, right?
> No, although it does go into sleep mode if the power is off at the
> right time, it doesn't cycle the power otherwise so the load will
> not reboot after the shutdown. I'll do some more testing today.

Please also post the output of 'upsc upsname' (see 'man 8 upsc') and
'upscmd -l upsname' (see 'man 8 upscmd') for both devices, so that we
can see which commands are detected.

It may be a log easier to do the testing with the upscmd
'shutdown.return' (Smart-UPS 1000) and 'shutdown.reboot' (CS-500)
while the upsd server is running. During testing, it allows you to run
an instance of upslog (see 'man 8 upslog') so that you'll be able to
see the 'ups.timer.*' variables counting down. I suspect that the
current mapping might be wrong.

Also note that the (re)start delay set in the Smart-UPS 1000 is
presently set to 180 seconds, so you may have to wait a little longer
that expected for the output to be switched on after the power returns.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)