[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart UPS 3000 LCD & Eaton Evolution S 3000

John Bayly freebsd.ports at tipstrade.net
Fri Jan 21 17:16:17 UTC 2011

We're looking at supplementing our Belkin Regulator Pro 1400 with a 2nd
UPS, and were contemplating the APC's 3kVA Smart UPS LCD.

We'd still be using either our existing FreeBSD box or a CentOS box to
control the UPS. I was just wondering if anyone's got much experience
with using these with NUT. From the NUT compatibility guide, it says it
uses the usb-hid driver.

It also just dawned upon me to look at Eaton after seeing the
compatability list, makes sense if they're sponsoring NUT. Evolution S
3000 appeared apt too. Any users?

Many thanks,
John