[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 24 12:15:12 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin <bakdong op gmail.com>:

>>> ./clients/upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=30 -u apcmon -p pass123 apc1500
>>> OK
>>>
>>> # ./clients/upsc apc1500
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
>>> ups.delay.start: 250
>>
>> ..and apparently can be written as well.
>
> Yes, but this value could also be changed before the patches. (See

Not in the same way. I'm not really interested in what NUT thinks
about this value, it is where it is stored. Previously, this value
would be a driver side variable (without the UPS ever knowing we
changed it) while in this case, it is a value stored (and modified) in
the UPS. I was hoping that the UPS would consider this value for the
minimum shutdown delay, but apparently it doesn't. Chances are it is
something completely different... :-(

> Happy to dig as deep as you would like me to. (I would like to get
> the CS 500 sorted out too though) I will check again with the
> unmodified code, but I'm fairly sure that the output will cycle when
> power is present. (even with on and offdelay values at the default
> 90 minimum)

That's even weirder...

>> I would still like to see the full output of the below command. An
>> earlier version you posted was incomplete (the report descriptor
>> was missing, which is vital to be able to check our HID parser
>> without access to a specific UPS model). Could you please post the
>> output of
>>
>>   /path/to/usbhid-ups -DD -a apc1500 > APC_Smart-UPS_1000.log 2>&1
>>
>> here? The redirection of stderr to stdin was probably missing in
>> your previous post.
>
> I'll do it now and attach it here.....

Sorry about that, the report descriptor is only reported at debug
level 3 (or higher). So I need the output of the below command instead:

    /path/to/usbhid-ups -DDD -a apc1500 > APC_Smart-UPS_1000.log 2>&1

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)