[Nut-upsuser] Feedback for Powercom IMD1000 AP with 2.6.0

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 31 14:22:09 UTC 2011

Citeren Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli op giritli.eu>:

> Here you go. Thanks!

This looks like a different model than the existing ones. Sadly, it
seems to be just as broken as previous models... :-(

> One more thing. Does this ups support reporting temperature? Can you
> tell this by looking at the log file I sent? Current NUT driver does not
> seem to find this data.

Yes and no. Although the UPS lists this in the report descriptor (the
list of supported variables), it miserably fails when we try to read it:

    0.219124	libusb_get_report: error sending control message:
Operation not permitted
    0.219149	Can't retrieve Report 2c: Operation not permitted
    0.219165	Path: UPS.PowerSummary.Temperature, Type: Feature,
ReportID: 0x2c, Offset: 0, Size: 8

> I am not an expert on this, but it seems there is some data for
> temperature.

All lines where you see 'Operation not permitted' are variables that
are supposed to be readable from the UPS, but when we do so, fail to
return an answer. There is nothing we can do about this. The firmware
in the UPS is broken, so we can't read these values.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)