[Nut-upsuser] Kill invertor on Powercom 1000VA

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Mon Jul 18 10:01:57 UTC 2011

On 2011/07/13 08:22 PM, johnea wrote:
> On 07/13/2011 09:35 AM, Johan Meiring wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the following issue with a Powercom 1000VA ups.
>
>> - If you reconnect mains, the the UPS keeps on "double beeping".
>>    (Even if it had turned off after the random time).  The only way
>>    to stop this is to physically turn off the UPS and back on.
>
> I went through a long nut debug process that ultimately led to the realization
> that my problem was in the UPS firmware.
>
> Given your description of needing to power cycle the UPS to recover, it's quite
> likely that your issue is also a firmware bug in your UPS.
>
> Have you contacted the manufacture? Is there a firmware upgrade for your model?

Hi,

I looked at the manufacturer's site.
No firmware (or even mention of it).

I checked a difference model - 600VA instead of 1000VA.
Same symptoms.

I then tried the UPS on a Windows PC with the Windows software.
Works perfect.

With the Windows Software the UPS also starts "double beeping" when the
"kill intertor" command is sent.

It then turns off after the set time.  When the power comes back, the UPS
starts up normally.

As previously mentioned, I am prepared to help debig the protocol if it will
help at all.

Thanks!

Johan

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments
you should read Cape PC Service's email disclaimer at:

http://www.pcservices.co.za/disclaimer.html