[Nut-upsuser] Socomec UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:49:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Greg Trounson <gregt at maths.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> These Socomec units have RS-232 connectors and claim to support JBUS.
> On the nut compatibility page I only see one Socomec model listed and
> it's a different one.  Incidentally, do the colours in the Driver column
> on that page mean anything?  I don't see a legend anywhere.

I thought there was a legend next to the filter section, which isn't
showing up on my web browser either.

red: protocol based on reverse engineering
orange: based on fragments of publicly available protocol
yellow: based on publicly available protocol
blue: vendor provided protocol
green: vendor provided protocol and hardware

Arnaud: is someone working on this page?

> Does anyone know what if these are likely to work with nut?

There are no references to JBUS in the driver code, so either the
protocol is known under a different name, or it isn't likely to work.
Not to say that support couldn't be added (especially if the protocol
spec is publicly available), but if you're looking to put something
into production quickly, Arnaud has a point about Eaton and their
support of NUT.

--
- Charles Lepple