[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C550-AVR

Laszlo Hazy hazy_l at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 02:39:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am attempting to set up nut 2.6.2-1on a Fedora Core 14 64-bit platform for Belkin F6C550-AVR. The installation is from the official Fedora RPM.

/etc/ups/ups.conf is as follows:

[belkin]
#    driver = blazer_usb
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto

Attempting as root:
[root at calypso ~]# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.2
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.35 (2.6.2)
USB communication driver 0.31
No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Similar failure to start the driver if using blazer_usb. The interesting thing is that lsusb does not show the UPS, which is weird to me. And yes, the cable is plugged in and the USB port on the PC does work (tried with a mass-storage device).

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
Thank you.