[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C550-AVR

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 18:01:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Laszlo Hazy <hazy_l at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I did lsusb as root. The system logs are void of any reference to the UPS
> being connected/disconnected.

Sounds like a hardware problem.

> I changed the USB cable, replaced the
> batteries, it all did not matter. I have difficulty believing that the
> USBhardware or software stack in the UPS is broken, that just doesn't
> usually happen.

The microcontrollers in UPSes are generally very cheap. Have you tried
a 1.5 Mbit/sec USB device, such as a mouse or keyboard? They use a
different set of pull-up resistors than 12 Mb/s or 480 Mb/s devices,
and if there is a problem with the USB jack on the motherboard, it
might only manifest itself at one speed.

--
- Charles Lepple