[Nut-upsuser] UPS MGE serial cable over network.

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:50:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

2011/11/18 Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc>:
> On Nov 17, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm forwarding your mail to the NUT list, because of a lack of time,
>> and also since some others (Charles) already looked at this issue IIRC
>> (related to the development branch 'netport').
>
> There is a netport branch, but I don't know enough about the Personal Solution Pac software to say whether that branch could be merged into PSP.

the Windows version of PSP is a legacy proprietary product from both
Eaton and MGE/Schneider.
Not to be confused with the Linux version, which is also legacy
(effort is focused on NUT-Monitor now), that was GPL and based upon
NUT.

@Handoko: it may be worth considering NUT acquisition, and then use a
Windows NUT client + upsmon, instead of the serial port forwarder...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com