[Nut-upsuser] Liebert PSIXR 3000 intellislot web card support with NUT 2.6.0

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:28:10 UTC 2011

Hi John,

2011/8/11 John Huong <jahuong at gmail.com>

> Ok now I've specified the MIB file you've asked me to use for snmpwalk.

perfect

This is the output for -OS walk:

> <...snip...>
> End of MIB
>

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 2011/8/4 John Huong <jahuong at gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Ok. Here we go:
> >>
> >> SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.935.1.1.1.1.1.1.0 = STRING: "Intelligent
> >> LiebertPSI"
> >> SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.935.1.1.1.1.1.2.0 = ""
> >> (...)
> >
> > this first walk is not useful if you don't have the MIB file installed.
> > interestingly, your MIB (.935) is not the same as Philip's one (.476),
> and
> > seems to be from Phoenixtec.
> > you should already have it underhand, otherwise you can download it here
> for
> > example:
> > http://www.icamview.com/pub/pub/netagent%20utility/Upsmate.rar
> >
> > install it in /usr/share/mibs/netsnmp/ or equivalent on your system.
> > then do the '-OS' walk again.
> > and check this thread for a procedure to create a new mib to nut mapping:
> >
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2011-February/005272.html
> >
> > at least, identify the more possible matches, and I'll help you creating
> and
> > integrating the files when I have some spare time...

these last remarks are still valid.

you will find attached a patch, that includes the necessary files, with a
base content and build rules.
apply it from within the nut source dir using:
$ patch -p0 < /path/to/xpcc-mib.diff

then edit drivers/xpcc-mib.c and complete it as much as possible using the
above pointed procedure.
then send back a diff for review.

cheers,
Arnaud