[Nut-upsuser] APC SmartUPS 3000VA LCD not connecting

Zach La Celle lacelle at roboticresearch.com
Thu Feb 2 23:16:55 UTC 2012

We recently had to replace an old APC SmartUPS 3000 with a newer 3000VA
(the 2U one).  It has both serial and USB in the back (with an RJ-45 on
the end of the serial cable).

I can't get the apcsmart driver to connect.  I figured it should work
the exact same as the old UPS, with /dev/ttyS0 as the port (I'm using
the same port on the server that the last one was plugged into).  I even
tried the USB driver (usbhid-ups) using the port=auto, but it complained
about unsupported UPS.

Any ideas about connecting this new UPS?