[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower UPS Help

McCann, Brian bmccann at andmore.com
Thu Feb 16 19:35:49 UTC 2012

So for FreeBSD 8.1, you need permissions on two dev nodes.  You do NOT need to disable uhci.
For this ups (usbconfig shows this):

ugen1.2: <UPS OR700 CPS> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW (1.5Mbps) pwr=ON

Here's my /etc/devfs.rules file:

[nut_usb=10]
add path 'ugen1.2' group wheel user nut mode 0660
add path 'usb/1.2.0' group wheel user nut mode 0660

You need the second line because the first is only a symlink to the second.

Once I do a bunch more testing of this UPS, I'll email the dev list and have them add it as a "confirmed working" device.

Thanks!
--Brian