[Nut-upsuser] Nut on Mac mini

Peter Gosztonyi peter at gosztonyi.com
Mon Feb 20 14:42:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a Mac mini running Lion, a windows 2008 vm and a Synology Nas. I want to connect the two devices to an APC Back-up 550 which has a USB connection. The Nas can be connect to a NUT, hence my endavour to install NUT as a server on Lion. Not sure yet if i need NUT on the Windows VM or if the Mac can just suspend the VM.

The Mac recognized the UPS automatically and i tried to install NUT, NUT-USB and NUT-CGI. I have to say you have to be quite technical to do anything like this on macs. Nothing for the average users, by all means. It doesn't make it easier that there is a huge lack on documentation and example configs. But anyway, on one of the websites, it noted that there can be a conflict with NUT-USB and later ios if the ios recognizes the ups as well. Unfortunately i didn't find anything that explains how to solve the conflict. Any ideas? I use on all of them the latest versions.

Thanks,
Pete