[Nut-upsuser] LiebertPSP

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:16:35 UTC 2012

On Jan 14, 2012, at 7:38 AM, Tim Gould wrote:

> Shutdown test was successful, including a slave client. They both shut down cleanly starting at 38% as configured below.

Excellent!

> Only issue was that as it hit this threshold, it also reported Replace Battery (ups.status had RB) , and "upsmon[3265]: UPS shed at localhost battery needs to be replaced" appeared in syslog.

We would need that portion of the debug log to confirm what is being sent back from the UPS, but if it works the rest of the time, it might just be a spurious battery status bit. I would think that wouldn't be updated by the UPS except after a deep discharge test, but it's hard to say.

> After the systems were powered on and mains restored, this went away.
>
> If ups.load is supposed to be Watts then according to my power meter it probably needs an extra zero at the end.

ups.load should be percent rated capacity.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail