[Nut-upsuser] APC 750VA UPS not recognized by NUT?

Andrew Min Chang laplacezhang at 126.com
Sun Mar 11 01:17:45 UTC 2012

Hi, Charles!

>> However, it seemed that the APC UPS is not recognized by usbhid-ups as long as the Cyper-power UPS is also plugged to the same system. Is that behavior correct?
>
>usbhid-ups will try to connect to the first PDC HID UPS that it finds, but if the CyberPower UPS prevents either UPS from being recognized, then no, that's not expected.

Situation 1:
Step 1: APC UPS plugged
Step 2: Cyber-power UPS pluged
Step 3: upsdrvctl start, Cyper-power UPS recognized

Situation2:
Step 1: APC UPS plugged
Step 2: upsdrvctl start, APC UPS recognized
Step 3: upsdrvctl stop
Step 4: Cyber-power UPS pluged
Step 5: upsdrvctl start, Cyper-power UPS recognized

Situation3:
Step 1: Cyber-power UPS plugged
Step 2: upsdrvctl start, Cyber-power UPS recognized
Step 3: upsdrvctl stop
Step 4: APC UPS pluged
Step 5: upsdrvctl start, Cyper-power UPS recognized

I check /proc/bus/usb/device, the cyper-ups is always ahead of the UPS one if thay are all plugged.

That comes another question: If two UPS device with different driver plugged, and the two drivers are both configured, are they both recognized?

>You can used the vendorid or productid parameters (see 'man usbhid-ups' or docs/man/usbhid-ups.txt) to point usbhid-ups to one or the other.

I have only read of information of upsd pointed from User Manual. I will read and learn more about that.

--
Andrew Chang
2012-03-11