[Nut-upsuser] Upsonic IRT1000 on Nut 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 (Ubuntu Hardy)

Matthew Cengia mattcen at cyber.com.au
Thu Mar 15 01:12:30 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-15 11:32, Matthew Cengia wrote:
[...]
> Hi Arnaud,
>
> Thanks for the info. My manager has borrowed an SNMP card for the
> Upsonic IRT1000 UPS from the supplier, and I'm currently testing whether
> it will do the job rather than having to get an entirely different UPS.
>
> I've installed the NUT SNMP driver (using the IETF MIB), and can get the
> following information from the UPS:
>
>   cyber at sbls-understudy:~$ sudo upsc ups01
>   battery.charge: 100.0
>   battery.current: 0.0
>   battery.runtime: 0.0
>   battery.runtime.low: 2
>   battery.voltage: 29.3
>   driver.name: snmp-ups
>   driver.parameter.mibs: ietf
>   driver.parameter.pollfreq: 15
>   driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>   driver.parameter.port: 192.168.1.28
>   driver.parameter.snmp_version: v1
>   driver.version: 2.2.1-
>   driver.version.internal: 0.42 (mib: ietf 1.2)
>   input.current: 835406.4
>   input.frequency: 49.9
>   input.phases: 1.0
>   input.voltage: 0.0
>   output.current: 0.1
>   output.frequency: 49.9
>   output.phases: 1.0
>   output.realpower: 0.0
>   output.voltage: -29733682.0
>   ups.firmware: 01
>   ups.firmware.aux: 2.45.DP520.WEST
>   ups.load: 562020.0
>   ups.mfr:
>   ups.model:
>   ups.power: 835406.0
>   ups.serial:
>   ups.status: OL
>   cyber at sbls-understudy:~$

I suppose a more useful question would be: Are these other (incorrect)
values actually necessary for NUT to function? For example, does NUT
simply look at the battery.charge percentage, and ups.status fields, and
based on those, decide when to start shutting down hosts? If these
incorrect values aren't actually used, then I can simply ignore them and
move on.

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia