[Nut-upsuser] tcp-wrapper not found

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:26:35 UTC 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Andrew Min Chang wrote:

> If I want to make a machine A with a USB UPS physicaly plugged into share its UPS to other machines (for example, B) in the local network, I should run processes like this:
> 1. A runs driver, and then runs upsd with a config of "LISTEN 127.0.0.1"
> 2. B runs NO driver, but upsd with a config of "LISTEN <IP of A>"
>
> Meanwhile you mentioned that upsd is the network server. Do you mean that upsd on A servers the other upsd on B?

No, A runs the driver, plus upsd with LISTEN <IP of A>. If A needs to shut down based on its own UPS (the usual scenario), then it needs to run upsmon connecting to A's IP or localhost.

B runs upsmon, connecting to A.

In this case, A is the master, and B is the slave, as described here:

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsmon.html#_ups_definitions

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail