[Nut-upsuser] a slight bug of upsd?

Andrew Min Chang laplacezhang at 126.com
Thu Mar 22 02:03:23 UTC 2012

 Hi!

I found that if upsd had been running, then another "upsd" was typed. The upsd.pid file would be deleted and the previous upsd could not quit normally unless using "pkill upsd".

The second upsd detects port conflict, and then deletes the upsd.pid. As a result, any further "upsd -c stop" or "upsd -c reload" would detect no upsd.pid and simply quit.

I know this operation sequence is not legal and this may not be treated as a bug. However is it better to may be better to take a examination after ran as "upsd"? Or upsd is just designed to be like that?

If it is designed to be like that, should I execute a "upsd -c stop" every time before "upsd"?

Thank you!

--
Andrew Chang
2012-03-22