[Nut-upsuser] For APC Back UPS ES users

FredericBohe at Eaton.com FredericBohe at Eaton.com
Mon Sep 10 14:58:23 UTC 2012

With Arnaud Quette's help, I have tried to fix the regression concerning the APC Back UPS ES unit.
This regression is related to an issue in this UPS firmware. It cannot be reverted to previous version because the current code fixes communication issue with others UPS (which behave correctly, but are not very permissive).
So we (Arnaud and I) have decided to add a tweak (call it a hack if you wish) for this APC UPS.

I need your help to test it on real hardware.
For UNIX users, you will need to compile NUT from revision 3723.
For Windows users, it is here : http://fbohe.free.fr/usbhid-ups.exe
For Denis: It is NOT the same binary you have already tested. You should use this one now.

Please let us know if this new driver fix your issue.

Thanks to all reporter.

Regards,
Fred

--