[Nut-upsuser] bug report: apcsmart (WIN) 940-0024C connect fail, problem with command 'E'

Markus Pruehs apc at markus.pruehs.com
Mon Feb 25 15:13:42 UTC 2013

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to ask you to add the compatibility table entry { "6JI",
"@789ABCFGKLMNOPQSTUVWXYZfg", 0 } for the APC Smart-UPS (Model 600LS, Part
AP600I, Firmware 6JI). I successfully tested it on NUT 2.6.1.1 for Windows
by patching / replacing the "D4"-"D9" entries which are responses to the 'b'
(new firmware) and not the 'V' (old firmware) command and actually 8bit hex
ADC values that are increased by 12.5% (1/8) to represent voltages above
255V (see smart protocol command table for firmware 6JI), thus they do not
belong in the compatibility table. Unfortunately, later versions of NUT are
incompatible with Windows due to switch to ICANON tty mode: The termios
structure of the tcgetattr / tcsetattr functions has to be converted to the
DCB structure of the GetCommState / SetCommState functions but there is no
equivalent to the IGNCR bit of the c_iflag. As a result, "COM1: device
reports different attributes than what were set" and all apc_read returns
end with CR (\015). Please re-add this character to IGN_CHARS. Thank you in
advance.
Sincerely, Markus Pruehs