[Nut-upsuser] false low battery alarm

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 18:41:23 UTC 2013

--- On Thu, 2/28/13, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

> my APC SmartUPS 1000 -SU1000I shuts down
>      the very instant I connect it to my workstation using a
>    serial cable that I had handy ( received together with a switch ). I
>    guess that the incorrect wiring makes the UPS go nuts.

Ah... great, well sort of. At least now I know it could be a serial cable wiring issue. Still, I can't understand why the serial cable I'm using on 1 APC model works fine but if I use that same cable on another (identical) APC then it shuts down immediately. (I double-checked model name and serial numbers behind the UPS devices)
Anyway, I'll try to get the official serial cables just to rule out wiring issues.

Thanks for helping.

Vieri