[Nut-upsuser] APC UPS: replacement battery always triggers shutdown

JS jshaio at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 22:42:23 UTC 2013

Arnaud,

I was finally able to get back to this issue and would recommend adding these items to the FAQ #37 about recalibrating the UPS:

1a. It's important that the UPS be at 100% charge before starting the procedure; starting at lower will not work at all, not just produce inaccurate numbers.

      [I started the procedure when the UPS was at 91% charge. After that it would never report being more than 20% charge, even after leaving it plugged in

       for hours; running the procedure in FAQ #37 never left it reporting more than 20 seconds of charge left, which I verified was incorrect.]

1b. If for some reason the UPS never reaches 100% charge, this can be remedied (in the ACP ES-750 case), by leaving it unplugged for 1 week.

      [Doing this allowed me to recover from the case in 1a above. After that the procedure below, as in : http://excessups.com/blog/manual-runtime-calibration-apc-ups/

       worked fine.]

I would add that it is worth mentioning in the FAQs that often a replacement UPS costs only slightly more than the replacement battery for the old one,

as I found out after trying this procedure.

thanks,

--jack

 ________