[Nut-upsuser] How to shutdown the system and put UPS in stayoff status rather than in return status

Roberto Martelli bingel74 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 15:58:26 UTC 2013

- OS name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- exact NUT version: 2.6.3
- NUT installation method: from Ubuntu package "nut 2.6.3-1ubuntu1.1"
- exact device name and related information: AtlantisLand Host Power
851 (A03-HP851 rev.1.1)
- driver: blazer_usb

I have no problems with the operation of NUT.

My only problem is that I would like to change the behavior of the NUT
driver "blazer_ups" when you turn off the system but I do not know how
to do.

Currently, when the electricity is missing, the system is
automatically turned off, the load is disconnected for a few seconds
and then reloaded when power returns.
If you instead turn off the system normally (manually), the UPS
remains always with the load on.

I would instead that the load should be permanently disconnected
(stayoff) both in the case of a normal shutdown that in the case of a
shutdown due to a lack of electric current. Basically I want the UPS,
after those operations, switches in the state where only recharges the
battery (with the load off).

How to do?

I hope I was clear enough despite my poor English.

Thanks in advance

Roberto M.