[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite OMNI750ISO

David Vree david.h.vree at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 14:51:37 UTC 2013

On 03/25/2013 09:26 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2013, at 2:34 AM, David Vree wrote:
> Setup and installation was pretty standard.  The only hiccup was I had to create a udev rule to give the nut group access to USB     devices.
> Did you install via the official .debs, or source? The Ubuntu .debs should set everything up with udev - if not, please file a bug: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut
Ubuntu repos.  I may file a bug, but come to think of it, I wonder if
its was because I plugged in the UPS before installing the
packages...and thus the udev rule didn't fire.

Does it re-trigger all the rules after an install of the nut package?
> As Doug mentioned, by default NUT shuts down when the UPS signals LB (low battery). If there is no "upsrw" variable available to adjust, it means one of two things: the UPS can't adjust this limit, or we don't know how to adjust it. [update: I see that this is not listed in the upsrw output. bummer.]
>
> It is worth pointing out that the serial and non-PDC Tripp-Lite UPSes are all based on reverse-engineered protocols. Only the Tripp-Lite models supported by usbhid-ups are based on an open standard protocol (HID Power Device Class), and even then, some experimentation was needed.

Given the sorry state of the "PowerAlert" software from Tripp-Lite, I am
very grateful to those who created this driver.