[Nut-upsuser] NUT-HAL (for use with USB UPS's and Gnome)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Nov 18 15:39:11 UTC 2013

My first attempt to post this bounced -- this is a 2nd try.

I've recently installed a CyberPower OR500 on a CentOS 6.4 system.

nut comes RPM'd as nut-hal -- and I've played a little with it - but I'm trying to figure out
just what it provides at that point. (looking at the docs, I'm not quite sure)

I'd like NUT on this system to allow my NUT master server to just monitor and email notification as the system
NUT-HAL is running on is standalone on its UPS and that's fine with me.

I just want to know when the system has power issues and work NUT's monitoring in with my Munin master server as well.

Should I move to the full NUT version on this system (and switch to Serial and not USB?)

Thanks,

  -Ben