[Nut-upsuser] BestPower Ferrups driver glitch with f commands

Ritter, Nicholas Nicholas.Ritter at americantv.com
Fri Feb 7 20:44:37 UTC 2014

Greetings to you all,

We are attempting to use NUT to interface with a BestPower FerrUPS FE2.1KVA. We are using the bestfcom driver because the driver listed our UPS as supported. The driver fails, however, because "fc" commands do not exist on the unit.

We are running NUT v2.7.1 on CentOS 6.5 with the bestfcom driver. We setup a serial tap and see the UPS error out on the fc command issued for the model, which than causes the driver to not identify the model correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nicholas

Here are some details:

>From "upsdrvctl -DDDDD start":

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.1
   0.000000
If you're not a NUT core developer, chances are that you're told to enable debugging
to see why a driver isn't working for you. We're sorry for the confusion, but this is
the 'upsdrvctl' wrapper, not the driver you're interested in.

Below you'll find one or more lines starting with 'exec:' followed by an absolute
path to the driver binary and some command line option. This is what the driver
starts and you need to copy and paste that line and append the debug flags to that
line (less the 'exec:' prefix).

   0.000181    Starting UPS: ATVUPS
   0.000194    exec:  /usr/local/ups/bin/bestfcom -a ATVUPS -u root
Network UPS Tools - Best Ferrups/Fortress driver 0.12 (2.7.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Unknown model id
?
FERRUPS Uninterruptible Power System
By Powerware Corporation
8609 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC  27615  USA

Sales:   (800) 356-5794
Service: (800) 356-5737
FAX  :   (608) 565-2221

Copyright (C) 2001 Powerware Corporation

Model:      FE2.1KVA
Unit ID:  FE2.1K27433
Serial #: FE2.1K27433
Version:  9.28
= in upsdrv_init_nofc()
.  20.428359    Driver failed to start (exit status=1)