[Nut-upsuser] Eaton Powerware 5110 - some stats not reported

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 02:16:56 UTC 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 7:50 PM, Tim Dawson wrote:

> Run the driver with -DDDDD and see what variables it picks up.  I have noted that with the Prestige 9 in bcmxcp, some variables are not consistent within models, and had to do some gentle remapping to get things to work correctly.

Tim, is this the issue you mentioned on 2014-02-02 with blocks 0x9 and 0x13? I'll reply to that email.

> On 02/12/2014 06:46 PM, Greg Vickers wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've hooked up an Eaton Powerware 5110 to Ubuntu 13.10 server, and
>> configured nut appropriately.  The cgi scripts are working fine, but on
>> upsstats.cgi, the Batter, UPS Temp and Battery Runtime fields are all
>> blank - and there are no entries for these values in the 'All data' tree.

Greg,

From http://packages.ubuntu.com/saucy/nut-server it looks like you have 2.6.4. There was a big rewrite of the bcmxcp driver core which became part of 2.7.1.

It might be possible to drop in the bcmxcp driver binary from Ubuntu trusty - I wouldn't force-install the whole package, just in case they changed things regarding init scripts and other libraries, but the drivers should be pretty self-contained. Or you could build just that driver from source, making sure to use the same paths as Ubuntu uses to build their binaries. Let me know if you're interested in trying one of those routes (admittedly, it makes for a bit of a Frankenstein system) and I can explain in more detail.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail