[Nut-upsuser] Eaton Powerware 5110 - some stats not reported

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 14:38:40 UTC 2014

On Feb 15, 2014, at 2:57 AM, Tim Dawson wrote:

> The driver will poll the UPS for what variables it supports when it starts, and then go into a polling loop. Look for a section defining the meter map, and you should see the result, as well as the raw data.

Tim: spot on.

Greg,

If you want, you can capture the -DDDD output to a file (until it starts looping), gzip it, and post it to the list. I'm still getting up to speed on the BCM/XCP protocol, but the meter map dump should have a few values we can look up in the protocol spec.

Please excuse the mess; we're in the process of converting the protocol library over to the same format as the rest of the website for ease of maintenance:

http://old.networkupstools.org/protocols/eaton/

> On 13/02/14 15:55, Alf Høgemark wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On
>> http://nutwiki.kanonbra.com/wiki/Category:Eaton_Powerware_5110
>>
>> you can see what is reported. The unreleased part refers to v2.7.1, which is now released.
>
> OK, from that table, should the nut cgi be showing the Battery, UPS Temp and Battery Runtime values? Sorry, I don't know how these values are translated into what is shown in the cgi displays.

From that table, yes, I think so. From the upsc output you posted, no. This mismatch is odd, because driver.version.internal is 0.28 in both cases (this is the version of the bcmxcp_usb driver, which generally gets incremented after changes to that driver) and the firmware versions seem to match.

For reference, here's where the upsstats.cgi page gets its values:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/conf/upsstats-single.html.sample

There is also a template for the table of multiple UPSes, but the mapping between NUT variables and HTML table cells isn't as obvious.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail