[Nut-upsuser] NUT on Windows, Wall->message.exe

Kris Jordan nut01.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Tue Feb 25 06:13:17 UTC 2014

If there is a next Windows release, perhaps the default NOTIFYFLAG's
should be adjusted?

NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG FSD    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM    SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG NOPARENT    SYSLOG

The 'wall' messages (message.exe) don't pop-up and worst case, I had so
many message.exe's running that all memory was consumed. This is because
Windows hasn't allowed services to interact with the desktop for some
time. Maybe it works pre-Vista.

The worst case is probably because upsmon will log a problem every poll
interval until it's corrected. Intended?

I don't mind *not* having a tray notification app, particularly because
I've had back luck with those spamming the desktop with pop-ups. Not
sure why these things don't have a pop-up limiter. A single message of
each type up at one time would be enough.

Thank you