[Nut-upsuser] OpenUPS2 support in the HID driver?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 04:24:16 UTC 2014

On Nov 6, 2014, at 1:44 PM, Toomas Suurmets (Priv) <toomas at suurmets.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Debug output of driver is attached, started with OpenUPS2 input feed online @ 12V and going offline at 15th second of debug run.

Thanks, the voltages seem to only be off by a factor of 10:

Not sure about the current scaling - I assumed it was also 10x too high.

I pushed a new version (0.4; ignore 0.3) which should fix the voltage scaling.

The runtime estimate seems high, but you might need to plot that over time to see what the scale factor should be for that. NUT usually reports it in seconds.

> Second attached file is debug output of unsuccessful UPS shutdown captured with command:
>
> /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a openups -x productid=d005 -u root -DDD -k 2>&1 |tee openups-d005-shut.log

Not sure what to tell you - there is no shutdown command listed in the HID descriptor. I CC'd the author of the driver - maybe the manufacturer can provide more information?

Same thing with the configuration variables. There are a few non-standard HID usage IDs at the end of the log, but it is not clear how to make use of them.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail