[Nut-upsuser] Emerson/Liebert GXT3

Marcelo Fernandez marcelo.fidel.fernandez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 15:12:50 UTC 2014

> On Nov 9, 2014, at 8:13 AM, Marcelo Fernandez <marcelo.fidel.fernandez at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Strange, I would have thought that the "Value: 0" would show the actual number. Does it look like drivers/libhid.o got rebuilt?
>>
>> Yes, at first I thought the same (that I did something wrong), but
>> everything seems ok:
>
> My apologies, you did say the numbers looked different.
>
> Here's how the numbers get interpreted:
>
> In hidparser.c:GetValue(), the bits get extracted from the report (example: "Report[buf]: (5 bytes) => 05 51 00 48 00"). For ConfigVoltage, the offset is 16 bits, and we skip the first 8 (the report ID; 05 in this case). The size is 16 bits, so that is "48 00" -> "0048", which should be 72.
>
> However, this UPS still has a logical Min/Max of 0/1 in effect when the parser reads this.
>
> Can you add the attached patch to your tree? I guess leave the other line commented out; I think there is some other scaling that needs to be addressed. The proper way to fix this is to override the HID descriptor, and that will take a little more coding.

Sure, let's do it:

marcelo at nut:~/nut-2.7.2.5$ patch -p1 < hidparser_fix_logical_max.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
patching file drivers/hidparser.c

plus make and make install.

Now seems the values are well obtained, take a look:

root at nut:/usr/local/ups/bin# ./upsc liebert
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 20
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 81.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 72.0
device.mfr: Emerson Network Power
device.model: Liebert GXT3
device.serial: 1226603098AF453
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.7.2.5
driver.version.data: Belkin/Liebert HID 0.17
driver.version.internal: 0.38
ups.mfr: Emerson Network Power
ups.model: Liebert GXT3
ups.productid: 0008