[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS C1500 connected by usb

Selva Nair selva.nair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 01:47:09 UTC 2014

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your response.

> For the 1000, do the values match this page?
>

> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayman/docs/latest/ddl/APC/Smart-UPS_1000.html

Yes it does (except that mine is a 120 V model, so input/output voltage is
about 125)

It doesn't look like we have an entry for a C1500 yet. Would you care to
> submit the output of upsc, upsrw and upscmd -l?

Here it is

$upscmd -l apc1500
Instant commands supported on UPS [apc1500]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress

$ upsrw apc1500

[battery.charge.low]
Remaining battery level when UPS switches to LB (percent)
Type: STRING
Value: 10

[battery.runtime.low]
Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 120

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 20

$ upsc apc1500

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.runtime: 3780
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 27.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Smart-UPS C 1500
device.serial: 3S1437X00405
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 0003
driver.parameter.vendorid: 051d
driver.version: 2.6.4
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.37
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.firmware: UPS 09.6 / ID=1005
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2014/09/09
ups.model: Smart-UPS C 1500
ups.productid: 0003
ups.serial: 3S1437X00405
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.vendorid: 051d

> If you want to check for any hidden variables, stop the driver, and run
> "/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a name -DDD 2>&1 | tee /tmp/APC_Smart-UPS-C1500.log"
> as root for a few minutes (it will loop endlessly; press ^C to stop).
> Please gzip the log before attaching it and sending back to the list.

gzipped output is attached.

Thanks for looking into this.

Selva