[Nut-upsuser] "Communications with UPS advice at localhost lost" when using an other USB device

Victor Porton porton at narod.ru
Wed Nov 26 00:33:59 UTC 2014

I use Debian jessie with nut-server 2.7.2-1+b3.

Yesterday I've configured it for my new Advice PRS850 (a UPS with USB interface).

I also have an USB webcam (and also USB mouse and keyboard, but that doesn't matter).

When I start the program Cheese (a program which uses the webcam), I receive the following broadcast message:

"Communications with UPS advice at localhost lost"

When I exit Cheese, I receive the following broadcast message:

"Communications with UPS advice at localhost established"

Please help to eliminate this buggy behavior.

Shall we consider this very message as a bug report, or should I report a bug otherwise somewhere?

My /etc/nut/ups.conf :

maxretry = 3

[advice]
    driver = blazer_usb