[Nut-upsuser] ups does not reboot itself

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 12:16:37 UTC 2015

On Jul 16, 2015, at 5:09 AM, dmanye <dmanye at urv.cat> wrote:

> surprisingly, now both computers made the ups reboot !?!?!?!? so i've tried once more and confirmed that while forcing the reboot works, the computer itself does not reboot the ups when the battery is too low.

I think you figured it out: the UPS probably has another low-battery threshold, below which it will not start back up until it charges some more. If the UPS shuts down at 10%, and the power comes back briefly, there would be a period of time where the computer is powered, but NUT hasn't started.

Usually, this is shown as the "battery.charge.restart" variable, but  I have a feeling that this is one of the APC Smart-UPS models that has a lot more settings available via other protocols.

Here is some more background info:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6749

What does 'lsusb -d 051d: -vvv' return?

--