[Nut-upsuser] OSX El Capitan - Fink - NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:24:47 UTC 2015

On Oct 5, 2015, at 2:02 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 12:14 PM, Ian Essendon <mayhem at essendonphoto.com <mailto:mayhem at essendonphoto.com>> wrote:
>
>> However, although NUT is apparently stable for Fink under 10.11 (here <http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/nut>), an install fails, with the error

I should point out that "stable" is a bit misleading in this case. Fink used to have "stable" and "unstable" trees, but due to low participation in the user feedback program, packages were not often moved from "unstable" to "stable". The default is "stable until proven otherwise". (Note that I don't have any specific plans to upgrade OS X while 10.10 is still being patched.)

>> "Can't resolve dependency "system-openssl-dev" for package "nut-2.7.3-1" (no
>> matching packages/versions found)
>> Exiting with failure.”
>
> It should be possible to build NUT against the Fink OpenSSL instead of the OS X one. Haven't tried it lately, but I might have time this week.

There are some unpleasant bits related to the OpenSSL license and GPL software. The attached patch to /sw/fink/dists/stable/finkinfo/net/nut.info should build on 10.11, but I probably shouldn't merge it yet.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail