[Nut-upsuser] APC BACK UPS 2200 model BZ2200BI-BR (New output)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:27:18 UTC 2015

On Sep 11, 2015, at 8:11 AM, Mario Lobo <mlobo at digiart.art.br> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 22:31:08 -0400
> Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 9, 2015, at 2:06 PM, Mario Lobo <mlobo at digiart.art.br> wrote:
>>>
>>> By the constance of header and footer bytes, I think something
>>> different is going on now.
>>
>> Right, this is the resync code that @rpvelloso suggested.
>>
>> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/231#issuecomment-138971923
>>
>>> It still identifying as a Solis 1.0 (which is not) but at least it
>>> is doing it on its own, without gdb.
>>
>> If I remember correctly, Bruno was mainly looking for OB/LB status,
>> so he mapped the APC model to the nearest Solis model. I've CC'd him
>> in case he has any other insights.
>>
>> Bruno, the mailing list thread starts here:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/9306 and
>> here: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/9317
>>

> Charles;
>
> Do you think I could try this solis with nut and see what comes up?
>
> Or you think it is not worth it yet?

The only way we will know if this works is if someone tests it...

It looks like the low-battery signal is calculated from the charge. I am not sure what effect the incorrect voltages will have on that calculation (I have not seen any numbers) but if they are all off by a constant factor, it should work.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail