[Nut-upsuser] OSX and USB issue

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:21:52 UTC 2016

On Apr 1, 2016, at 6:56 AM, ldnjak at gmail.com wrote:

> I know there has been discussion of 10.11.x having some USB issues, but I’ve also seen a few posts that people have got this working (but not said how)

Would you post a few of those links? If nothing else, it might help others searching for info on this.

> The ‘fudge’ of using a dummy kext no longer works as its not singed, so 10.11 won’t load it.

I looked to see what apcupsd is doing, but they sign their kext now.

> I realise I won’t get much in the way of reporting from this driver which is fine, just the OL OB status I can capture and the automate reporting it back.
>
> So, does anyone has a definitive guide on how to get this working on OSX, I don’t like giving up on things and not getting them working!

In the short term, what about using an embedded processor like a Raspberry Pi or a BeagleBone Black?

We have talked about making the USB backend a bit more flexible (to be able to use native HID code such as the OS X interfaces), but that will take a fair amount of design and testing.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail