[Nut-upsuser] Keeps losing connection with UPS (local usb connection)

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Fri Dec 9 06:15:56 UTC 2016

Hello fellow victim of Tripplite braindead USB!  There is a solution!

My blog on diagnosing the problem:
https://gathman.org/2016/07/30/Standard_Schmandard/

My blog on packaging the solution:
https://gathman.org/2016/11/09/Packaging/

Solution on github:
https://github.com/sdgathman/trippfix

Sadly, you will have to buy a USB standard conforming powered hub to
make the Tripplite work.  These are suprisingly hard to find, but the
solution includes a list of known working hubs.  I use a small visibly
powered USB device like a light or fan to test whether the hub really
works.  The manufacturers like to break things without changing the model #.

Be sure to leave a critical review on wherever you bought it from,
hopefully Tripplite will eventually fix it.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>