[Nut-upsuser] unclear about expected shutdown behavior

Spike spike at drba.org
Sat Dec 24 03:56:53 UTC 2016

Dear all,

first post here and wanted to start by thanking everybody who made this
possible.

I've been reading the docs and setting up NUT from packages on ubuntu
xenial. I have nut[-client,-server] installed, version 2.7.2-4ubuntu1. My
UPS is an Eaton 5S 1500, which I picked from the list of supported devices.

I've got it working and I can correctly query/monitor the UPS via USB etc.
Following the docs I attempted to test a shutdown process (upsmon -c fsd)
and this is where my question lies: from reading the docs it seems the UPS
should power off, is that the case? The box correctly shuts down, but the
UPS does not and, maybe as a consequence, the box never came back on its
own (I waited a few minutes).

Can anybody shed some light on what I should see as I force the shutdown
sequence? Do you need me to provide more data?

thanks all in advance,

Spike