[Nut-upsuser] NUT Client shuts down when performing runtime calibration on APC UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 03:45:40 UTC 2017

On Jan 9, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Merk - Oliver <oliver.merk at pecon.biz> wrote:

> I then connected to my QNAP and set the UPS settings on the web interface to "Shutdown server if power loss is 5 min", the UPS is configured to an SNMP-Connection with its IP-address.  Started runtime calibration and after 5min. the QNAP NAS has shut down. But before that I connected via SSH on it and also checked the output of upsc during runtime calibration: ups.status: OB CAL.

With those configuration files, NUT will not shutdown the system until it sees both "OB" and "LB". I don't see anything in upsmon.conf that corresponds to "Shutdown server if power loss is 5 min" (usually this would be done with upsmon calling upssched, which would start a 5 min. timer), so is it possible that the QNAP firmware has another NUT client that is monitoring for an "OB" status that lasts for more than five minutes?

Also, ups_snmptrapd.conf is not a standard NUT feature.

You could use the Debian test system to check to see if the driver eventually publishes an "OB LB" status by replacing the SHUTDOWNCMD with something innocuous, like "logger" or "wall".

If the Debian system does not run the SHUTDOWNCMD, I recommend filing a bug with the QNAP developers.