[Nut-upsuser] MGE ESV+ and Power Trim

David Baker david at baker.im
Thu Mar 2 20:38:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've recently got a Raspberry Pi working with NUT and my MGE Pulsar ESV+, using the U-TALK driver, a USB Serial adapter and original cable. I've overcome the documented problems with these units and have it running, except for one little niggle!

It's installed in central Europe, where the utility voltage is 240v, it's constantly in trim mode and pushing the voltage down to 220.1v - this wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact it ran the fan a lot of time.

I've read the documentation, and it would appear that this can be set by the U-Talk protocol (page 34 of http://networkupstools.org/protocols/mge/9261zwfa.pdf) but I can't seem to figure out how to send the device the command, or manage to terminal into the unit (once disabling NUT services) and send the command.

I think the command would be Lv 24000.

Raspbian Version is -
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Release:        8.0
Codename:       Jessie

NUT is 2.7.4 and MGE-UTALK driver.

It works fine overall, and obtains the information and reports everything as it should - but I'd like to know if I can set the above command.

Thanks!

Dave