[Nut-upsuser] Have any FreeBSD users tried the new libusb-1.0 branch?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Nov 26 23:43:41 UTC 2017

Charles Lepple writes:

> I don't currently have a physical Fedora test system, but can you see if
> this works at least as well as it did prior to the libusb-1.0 branch? (I
> have a few kludges in my tree to make this work on a Raspberry Pi, but they
> are not ready to push.)
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/
> 170c0ee390c7ecdfb7d86d3b8ee6ca4240f72c2a or checkout branch
> fix_usb_scan_issue_499 from that Git repo.

Yes, that did the trick.

[root at monster ups]# nut-scanner
Scanning USB bus.
No start IP, skipping SNMP
Scanning XML/HTTP bus.
No start IP, skipping NUT bus (old connect method)
Scanning NUT bus (avahi method).
Scanning IPMI bus.

Decided to ^C out of this, instead of waiting for it to time out, then:

[root at monster tmp]# nut-scanner -U
Scanning USB bus.
[nutdev1]
	driver = "usbhid-ups"