[Nut-upsuser] testing shutdown: pc not restarting; and "ups unavailable" messages

Ken Olum kdo at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 1 16:30:35 UTC 2018

After you shut down your PC, it should be in a state where it knows that
it was shut down manually and should stay shut down.  When the line
power goes off, it forgets this state, so when you restore the line
power it should boot.  That is what the BIOS setting is supposed to
provide.  This is how it works, for example, on my Dell Inspiron 3668
running Ubuntu.

If it doesn't work, I don't see any way that you can get automatic
restart after the power is restored.

                                        Ken