Maintainer proposal (was: Future of OfflineIMAP)

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Nov 15 17:14:52 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 02:38 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> I have this idea in mind since some times now. I'm proposing you to
> maintain the nice OfflineIMAP project.

I would like to say: WONDERFUL and THANK YOU!  (pardon the caps, but it
really is good news)

> As for many of us, I don't have a lot of free time but enough to
> maintain this project, I think. Also and for the same reason, I'll need
> time to be really familiar with the code.
>
> You could find a fork at https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap . So
> please, take this repository as upstream.

Excellent.

It would probably be a good idea to make a new release, containing your
new contact information, etc.

If you enable the wiki, I will be happy to help you load up the current
wiki content from my jgoerzen account into your new wiki.  Github now
exposes the wikis with git, so that will be pretty easy.

I'll also be happy to update my wiki to point to your site.

Once you've made a release or two, I could make those into HTTP
permanent redirects even.  (You'll have to excuse my excessive caution
on that point; I've had one or two people in the past volunteer to
maintain it, but then disappear.)

Philippe, I'm pretty happy to cast my (same as anyone else's) vote in
favor of Nicolas right now.  Partially because there is nobody else on
the ballot, of course, and partially because I have OfflineIMAP-related
mail from Nicolas in my archives dating back about 1.5 years, so I think
he's got an interest in sticking with it.

Thanks again, Nicolas.  I am very pleased to see this project find a new
home!

-- John