socket error: <type 'exceptions.IOError'> - Too many read 0

Ethan Glasser-Camp glasse at cs.rpi.edu
Sat Mar 19 18:16:34 GMT 2011

On 03/19/2011 01:59 PM, h2oz7v wrote:
> abort: command: UID =>  socket error:<type 'exceptions.IOError'>  - Too
> many read 0

The "too many read 0" message means that the socket claims to be ready
to read (from poll()) but recv() doesn't return anything. It's sort of a
sanity check and it's weird that it's going bad like this.  I guess it's
good that it's consistently happening.

I'm guessing this is just a standard Linux/Python 2.6+ combination?

Does the full debug log contain by any chance the line "Enabled
COMPRESS=DEFLATE"?  I see that the read() method does some weird stuff
when compression is on.  If you see that line, try applying the attached
patch and rerunning.

Ethan