Maildir to Gmail/IMAP? (was: Simplify sync)

Fri Mar 25 12:19:25 GMT 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:59:32 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 17:44, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
>
> > Pass 1 is never needed on an IMAP server (all messages always have a
> > positive UID), it is only when uploading a new message from a Maildir.
>
> This works (or at least, is supposed to… *G*)?
> Ie. I should be able to upload from Maildir to IMAP (and also Gmail?)?

Yes, it works. But only as an optimization to the current behavior. It
does not allow to configure "Maildir" as remote repository. It still has
to be the local one.

Of course additions to the local Maildir will also be synced to the
remote IMAP/Gmail folder (as long as the remote folder exists, it won't
create folders on REMOTE).

> Exception: 'Maildir' repository not supported for remote repositories.

Yep, that is still not supported :).

> Could you please show a short snippet from an offlineimaprc,
> were Maildir is used as the "local" repository and Gmail or IMAP
> is the "remote" repository? Ie. where the transfer goes from
> Maildir → to Gmail/IMAP?

That should work when configuring IMAP(remote)<->Maildir(local) as long
as the folders exist on both sides.

Sebastian