Hangs ...

Mon Mar 28 15:26:43 BST 2011

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:38:36 +0200, Christoph Höger <christoph.hoeger at tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> instabilities when two instances of offlineimap sync the same account on
> two different machines. I usually run offlineimap (6.2.0) every 5
> minutes or so. If two of my machines are active at the same time, on one
> offlineimap will hang with high probability.

You mean 2 instances both accessing a remote IMAP at the same time? This
*should* work. I am not sure how well protected offlineimap when eg a
Message on the IMAP server disappears just before it wants to modify or
copy it. But if offlineimap can't cope with this situation, than I'd
consider that a bug.

Please dig into the current master and not into the 6.2.0 code in case
you dig deeper. We've had a bit of changes since then.

Sebastian